Ant (Hymenoptera: Formicidae) megadiversity of the Calima medio river basin
Main Article Content
The Calima Medio river basin located in the northeast of the Valle del Cauca department. Darien Municipio, its a transitional life zone between tropical high wet forest and fluvial tropical forest. It is one of the most diverse places in flora and fauna in the world. This place is not well known from the invertebrates point of view. This is the first contribution to the knowledge of the ant fauna of this region. This study determines the ant composition in two latitudinal ranges, Río Azul (550 m) and Río Bravo (900 m), and three types of forest stages (nature forest. secondary regeneration forest and disturbed areas). Samples were taken between January and July 1994, using different sample techniques (tuna baits, 011111 traps. leaf lifter samples, and manual collecting). Calima media is the most ant diverse zone in the country now. with 53 genera and 227 species blowing to six subfamilies. this number represents 33% of the known species from Colombia and the 64% front Valle del Cauca. This study register for first time Bonopelta deletrix to South América; to Colombia Probolomymex Strumigenys cultrigei; Odontomachus panamensis. Prionopelta amabilis and the genera Stenammo: to Valle del Cauca for first-time were registered 53 species. Besides. seven species now described species in the scientific literature of the genera PaclnPsendonivrinex, Apterostigma, Strumigenvs (2 spp.), and one from the 11CW 1C11C1'11 of the subían] and Myrinieinae discovered recently. There were significative differences in the ant species composition between the two study areas, Río Azul and Río Bravo, the first one was the most diverse zone. Also, there were significant differences between the three types of forest stages sampled. Disturbed areas were different from both, mature forest and secondary regeneration forest. This study not only proposes perturbación indicator ant species but from the regeneration zone and well-conserved forests. This study demonstrates how Hydroelectric project Calima III will affect negatively not only la ant species composition presents, but to those organisms which have any interaction with them and- the processes in which they intervene.
- INGE AMBRECHT DE PEHARANDAL, PATRICIA CHACON DE ULLOA, MARTA ROJAS DE HERNANDEZ, Biology of the flower bud fly of the Passion Fruit Dasiops inedulis (Diptera: Lonchaeidae) in Valle del Cauca , Revista Colombiana de Entomología: Vol. 12 No. 1 (1986)
- INGE ARMBRECHT, PATRICIA CHACÓN DE ULLOA, Composition and diversity of ants in dry relictual forests and vecinities in the region of Valle del Cauca, Colombia , Revista Colombiana de Entomología: Vol. 23 No. 1 (1997)
- JAMES MONTOYA-LERMA, PATRICIA CHACÓN DE ULLOA, MARIA DEL ROSARIO MANZANO, Characterization of the nests of the leaf-cutting ant Atta cephalotes (Hymenoptera: Myrmicinae) in Cali (Colombia) , Revista Colombiana de Entomología: Vol. 32 No. 2 (2006)
- RAFAEL ACHURY, PATRICIA CHACÓN DE ULLOA, ÁNGELA MARÍA ARCILA, Ant composition and competitive interactions with Wasmannia auropunctata in Tropical Dry Forest fragments , Revista Colombiana de Entomología: Vol. 34 No. 2 (2008)
- LUZ ADRIANA OLAYA-MÁSMELA, PATRICIA CHACÓN DE ULLOA, ANDREY PAYÁN, Ants (Hymenoptera: Formicidae) in hospital centers of Valle del Cauca as vectors of nosocomial pathogens , Revista Colombiana de Entomología: Vol. 31 No. 2 (2005)
- ROCÍO GARCÍA-C., PATRICIA CHACÓN DE ULLOA, Rove beetles (Coleoptera: Staphylinidae) in dry forest fragments of the Cauca river valley , Revista Colombiana de Entomología: Vol. 31 No. 1 (2005)
- PATRICIA CHACÓN DE ULLOA, JAVIER BUSTOS, ROSA CECILIA ALDANA, MARTHA LUCÍA BAENA, Control of crazy ant, Paratrechina fulva (Hymenoptera: Formicidae), with toxic baits at Natural Reserve Laguna de Sonso (Valle, Colombia). , Revista Colombiana de Entomología: Vol. 26 No. 2 (2000)
- AÍDA VIVIANA PRIETO, LUIS MIGUEL CONSTANTINO, PATRICIA CHACÓN DE ULLOA, Studies about rearing six species of butterflies from the lower Anchicayá (Valle) and knowledge contributions of their natural history , Revista Colombiana de Entomología: Vol. 25 No. 1 (1999)
- RAÚL LEONARDO ROCHA, PATRICIA CHACÓN DE ULLOA, LUIS GERMÁN NARANJO, Diversity of diets in insectivorous birds in the rainy forest of the Colombian Pacific , Revista Colombiana de Entomología: Vol. 22 No. 3 (1996)
- ANTONIO JOSÉ PRIETO-M., PATRICIA CHACÓN DE ULLOA, BIOLOGY AND ECOLOGY OF Liriomyza trifolii BURGESS (DIPTERA: AGROMYZIDAE) PEST OF CHRYSANTHEMUM DEPARTMENT OF VALLE DEL CAUCA , Revista Colombiana de Entomología: Vol. 6 No. 3-4 (1980)
- Angela Patricia Gallego-López, María Cristina Gallego-Ropero, Effect of the cattle ranching matrix on diurnal butterfly (Lepidoptera: Rhopalocera) in dry forest parches, Patia (Cauca, Colombia) , Revista Colombiana de Entomología: Vol. 45 No. 2 (2019)
You may also start an advanced similarity search for this article.
Authors retain the copyright on their work and are responsible for the ideas expressed in them. Once a manuscript is approved for publication, authors are asked for a publication license for the term of legal protection, for all territories that allows the use, dissemination and disclosure of the same.