Main Article Content
Crazy ant (Paratrechina fulva) has become an important pest at Natural Reserve Laguna de Sonso. This species attacks animals, both invertebrates and small vertebrates, and affects plants because of its symbiotic relationship with homopteran insects. Traditional chemical control with pesticides is not recommended due to the nature of this wetland and its importance as a conservation site. Between July and August 1994, laboratory and field assays were carried out to test the efficiency of a chitin synthesis inhibitor (Diflubenzuron) for the control of P. fulva. The toxicant was incorporated in an artificial diet made of meat, eggs, and gelatin. This mixture acts as a selective bait, very attractive for these ants. An important increase in adult workers and broodís mortality was observed after treatment under laboratory conditions. In the field, a significant decrease in the number of nests and the number of workers attracted to the baits was obtained after control at five experimental stations Recolonization by native ant species was also observed at these experimental locations after baiting. We suggest the possibility of including the use of toxíc baits with Diflubenzuron as an important part of a management program for crazy ant.
- INGE AMBRECHT DE PEHARANDAL, PATRICIA CHACON DE ULLOA, MARTA ROJAS DE HERNANDEZ, Biology of the flower bud fly of the Passion Fruit Dasiops inedulis (Diptera: Lonchaeidae) in Valle del Cauca , Revista Colombiana de Entomología: Vol. 12 No. 1 (1986)
- INGE ARMBRECHT, PATRICIA CHACÓN DE ULLOA, Composition and diversity of ants in dry relictual forests and vecinities in the region of Valle del Cauca, Colombia , Revista Colombiana de Entomología: Vol. 23 No. 1 (1997)
- JAMES MONTOYA-LERMA, PATRICIA CHACÓN DE ULLOA, MARIA DEL ROSARIO MANZANO, Characterization of the nests of the leaf-cutting ant Atta cephalotes (Hymenoptera: Myrmicinae) in Cali (Colombia) , Revista Colombiana de Entomología: Vol. 32 No. 2 (2006)
- ROSA CECILIA ALDANA DE LA TORRE, PATRICIA CHACÓN DE ULLOA, Ant (Hymenoptera: Formicidae) megadiversity of the Calima medio river basin , Revista Colombiana de Entomología: Vol. 25 No. 1 (1999)
- ANTONIO JOSÉ PRIETO-M., PATRICIA CHACÓN DE ULLOA, BIOLOGY AND ECOLOGY OF Liriomyza trifolii BURGESS (DIPTERA: AGROMYZIDAE) PEST OF CHRYSANTHEMUM DEPARTMENT OF VALLE DEL CAUCA , Revista Colombiana de Entomología: Vol. 6 No. 3-4 (1980)
- MARTHA LUCÍA BAENA, MICHAEL ALBERICO, BIOGEOGRAPHIC RELATIONSHIPS OF THE GORGONA ISLAND ANTS , Revista Colombiana de Entomología: Vol. 17 No. 2 (1991)
- AÍDA VIVIANA PRIETO, LUIS MIGUEL CONSTANTINO, PATRICIA CHACÓN DE ULLOA, Studies about rearing six species of butterflies from the lower Anchicayá (Valle) and knowledge contributions of their natural history , Revista Colombiana de Entomología: Vol. 25 No. 1 (1999)
- RAFAEL ACHURY, PATRICIA CHACÓN DE ULLOA, ÁNGELA MARÍA ARCILA, Ant composition and competitive interactions with Wasmannia auropunctata in Tropical Dry Forest fragments , Revista Colombiana de Entomología: Vol. 34 No. 2 (2008)
- ROCÍO GARCÍA-C., PATRICIA CHACÓN DE ULLOA, Rove beetles (Coleoptera: Staphylinidae) in dry forest fragments of the Cauca river valley , Revista Colombiana de Entomología: Vol. 31 No. 1 (2005)
- RAÚL LEONARDO ROCHA, PATRICIA CHACÓN DE ULLOA, LUIS GERMÁN NARANJO, Diversity of diets in insectivorous birds in the rainy forest of the Colombian Pacific , Revista Colombiana de Entomología: Vol. 22 No. 3 (1996)
Authors retain the copyright on their work and are responsible for the ideas expressed in them. Once a manuscript is approved for publication, authors are asked for a publication license for the term of legal protection, for all territories that allows the use, dissemination and disclosure of the same.