Biology of the flower bud fly of the Passion Fruit Dasiops inedulis (Diptera: Lonchaeidae) in Valle del Cauca
Main Article Content
The bud fly, Dasiops sp. (Diptera: Lonchaeidae), has been implicated in the loss of Passion Fruit buds causing economic damage in the Cauca Valley (Colombia). The objectives of this study were to identify those species of Daslops which attack Passion Fruit buds, to evaluate the damage, to study the life cycle, and to survey the natural enemies of the most abundant species. Samples were taken from 16 Passion Fruit crops in the Valle del Cauca Department and only D. inedulis Steyskal was found feeding on the buds. Infestation percentages were between 21 %and 65%. Buds of 1-3 cm were found to be most frequently infested. In the laboratory, the life cycle of D. inedulis was completed in 22.8 days. Adult longevity was 5.9 days in the field, four times longer than in the laboratory. Sex ratio was 1:1, bur neither mating nor oviposition was observed in captivity. The pest's life cycle was found to be related to bud development. Six species of natural enemies for D. inedulis were detected: two parasites of the genus Opius (Hymenoptera: Braconidae) and four predators: Zelus rubidus Lethierry Severyn and Zelus sp. (Hemiptera: Reduviidae) and two spiders (Araneida: Thomisidae).
- INGE ARMBRECHT, PATRICIA CHACÓN DE ULLOA, Composition and diversity of ants in dry relictual forests and vecinities in the region of Valle del Cauca, Colombia , Revista Colombiana de Entomología: Vol. 23 No. 1 (1997)
- JAMES MONTOYA-LERMA, PATRICIA CHACÓN DE ULLOA, MARIA DEL ROSARIO MANZANO, Characterization of the nests of the leaf-cutting ant Atta cephalotes (Hymenoptera: Myrmicinae) in Cali (Colombia) , Revista Colombiana de Entomología: Vol. 32 No. 2 (2006)
- ROSA CECILIA ALDANA DE LA TORRE, PATRICIA CHACÓN DE ULLOA, Ant (Hymenoptera: Formicidae) megadiversity of the Calima medio river basin , Revista Colombiana de Entomología: Vol. 25 No. 1 (1999)
- RAFAEL ACHURY, PATRICIA CHACÓN DE ULLOA, ÁNGELA MARÍA ARCILA, Ant composition and competitive interactions with Wasmannia auropunctata in Tropical Dry Forest fragments , Revista Colombiana de Entomología: Vol. 34 No. 2 (2008)
- LUZ ADRIANA OLAYA-MÁSMELA, PATRICIA CHACÓN DE ULLOA, ANDREY PAYÁN, Ants (Hymenoptera: Formicidae) in hospital centers of Valle del Cauca as vectors of nosocomial pathogens , Revista Colombiana de Entomología: Vol. 31 No. 2 (2005)
- ROCÍO GARCÍA-C., PATRICIA CHACÓN DE ULLOA, Rove beetles (Coleoptera: Staphylinidae) in dry forest fragments of the Cauca river valley , Revista Colombiana de Entomología: Vol. 31 No. 1 (2005)
- PATRICIA CHACÓN DE ULLOA, JAVIER BUSTOS, ROSA CECILIA ALDANA, MARTHA LUCÍA BAENA, Control of crazy ant, Paratrechina fulva (Hymenoptera: Formicidae), with toxic baits at Natural Reserve Laguna de Sonso (Valle, Colombia). , Revista Colombiana de Entomología: Vol. 26 No. 2 (2000)
- AÍDA VIVIANA PRIETO, LUIS MIGUEL CONSTANTINO, PATRICIA CHACÓN DE ULLOA, Studies about rearing six species of butterflies from the lower Anchicayá (Valle) and knowledge contributions of their natural history , Revista Colombiana de Entomología: Vol. 25 No. 1 (1999)
- RAÚL LEONARDO ROCHA, PATRICIA CHACÓN DE ULLOA, LUIS GERMÁN NARANJO, Diversity of diets in insectivorous birds in the rainy forest of the Colombian Pacific , Revista Colombiana de Entomología: Vol. 22 No. 3 (1996)
- ANTONIO JOSÉ PRIETO-M., PATRICIA CHACÓN DE ULLOA, BIOLOGY AND ECOLOGY OF Liriomyza trifolii BURGESS (DIPTERA: AGROMYZIDAE) PEST OF CHRYSANTHEMUM DEPARTMENT OF VALLE DEL CAUCA , Revista Colombiana de Entomología: Vol. 6 No. 3-4 (1980)
Authors retain the copyright on their work and are responsible for the ideas expressed in them. Once a manuscript is approved for publication, authors are asked for a publication license for the term of legal protection, for all territories that allows the use, dissemination and disclosure of the same.