Main Article Content
The life cycle of the orb-weaving spider Alpaida variabilis was studied in greenhouse conditions. Several male-female pairs and egg-sacs obtained in the field were confined in raising chambers. We estimated that the duration of the life cycle of A. variabilis, from egg hatching to death was 179 days for males and 250 for females. Seven and eight instars were detected for each sexto reach maturity. This stage had an average duration of 20 days for males, while for females it was 90 days. lt was observed that females construct only one yellow egg-sac where they lay approximately 76.5 ± 34 eggs; with a range of 105 eggs (between 23 and 128 eggs). The eggs have a 60.5% of viability and a gestation period of 11 to 17 days. Mating behavior is described and is similar to that reported for the family Araneidae. For individuals kept in greenhouse conditions, the sex ratio was 1.13: 1 (females: males), while in the field it was 2.46: l.
- ENRIQUE SAAVEDRA DE C., EDUARDO FLÓREZ-D., CLAUDIO FERNÁNDEZ-H., Predation capacity and behavior of Alpaida veniliae (Araneae: Araneidae) in the rice crop , Revista Colombiana de Entomología: Vol. 33 No. 1 (2007)
- EDUARDO FLÓREZ-D., Spider communities from de Pacific region of the Valle del Cauca department, Colombia , Revista Colombiana de Entomología: Vol. 26 No. 2 (2000)
- WILDEY RODRÍGUEZ-C., EDUARDO FLÓREZ-D., OSCAR ALFONSO-C., Unusual new record of “hangingflies” from Colombia (Mecoptera, Bittacidae) , Revista Colombiana de Entomología: Vol. 35 No. 2 (2009)
- EDUARDO FLÓREZ-D., MARTHA R. DE HERNÁNDEZ, FLUCTUATION OF THE POPULATION OF THE COFFEE LEAF MINER, Leucoptera coffeella AND THEIR NATURAL ENEMIES IN THE CAUCA VALLEY , Revista Colombiana de Entomología: Vol. 7 No. 3-4 (1981)
- EDUARDO FLÓREZ-D., Rhopalurus caribensis, is a synonym of Rhopalurus laticauda (Scorpiones, Buthidae) , Revista Colombiana de Entomología: Vol. 38 No. 2 (2012)
- Lumey Pérez-Artiles, Antonio Carlos Busoli, Paola Andrea Sotelo, Angela M. Arcila, Biology and reproductive parameters of Diaphorina citri (Hemiptera: Liviidae) in different Rutaceae hosts , Revista Colombiana de Entomología: Vol. 43 No. 2 (2017)
- Jessica Andrea Morales-Perdomo, Daniel Rodríguez-Caicedo, Fernando Cantor-Rincón, Effect of different temperatures and cold storage on pupae of Apanteles gelechiidivoris (Hymenoptera: Braconidae) , Revista Colombiana de Entomología: Vol. 44 No. 2 (2018)
- José Francisco Rodríguez-Rodríguez, Ernesto Cerna-Chávez, Yisa María Ochoa-Fuentes, Jerónimo Landeros-Flores, Luis Patricio Guevara-Acevedo, Hugo Cesar Cisneros-López, Sublethal effects and costs of resistance to abamectin in diamondback moth (Plutella xylostella) (Lepidoptera: Plutellidae) , Revista Colombiana de Entomología: Vol. 47 No. 2 (2021): Servicios Ecosistémicos
You may also start an advanced similarity search for this article.
Authors retain the copyright on their work and are responsible for the ideas expressed in them. Once a manuscript is approved for publication, authors are asked for a publication license for the term of legal protection, for all territories that allows the use, dissemination and disclosure of the same.