Comparison between two improvement methods to develop multipie insect resistance in common bean (Phaseolus vulgarís L.).
Main Article Content
In order to incorporate multiple resistance to three major insect pests of common bean, the leafhopper, Einpoasa kraemeri Ross Moore (Homoptera: Cicadellidae ), the Mexican bean weevil. Zahrotes sublasciatu., (Boheman) (Coleoptera: Bruchidae) amid the bean pod weevil. Apion godmani (Wagner) (Coleoptera: Curculionidae), two improved methods were compared: Gamete Selections (G.S.) in early generations and selection of advanced lines. developed by Recombinant Inbred Unes (R.I.L.)method. In the G.S. method, the initial selection for resistance to Z. stilvascianis was done by means of detection in F, of the presence of porcelain. conditioning factor of resistance to this insect. Progenies positive for Marcelin were further submitted to various evaluations in the field for resistance to E. kroemeri in Colombia and (o A. godimani in Mexico. Of the 216 progenies selected for the presence of arcelin. 17 F_hiles were founri to combine resistance to the three insects. The R.I.L. did not have an early evaluation and were suhmitted to the attack of the three insects in F7. Laboratory tests with Z. sublusciants and field trials with E. kroeme ri and A. goclmani allowed to identify 23 F.lines. which combined the three resistances. Ir was concluded that the R.I.L. method allows the incorporation of multiple insect resistance with considerable savings in resources and time.
- CÉSAR CARDONA, FRANCISCO RENDÓN, JAVIER GARCÍA, ARISTÓBULO LÓPEZ-AVILA, JUAN M. BUENO, JOSÉ D. RAMÍREZ, Resistance to insecticides in Bemisia tabaci and Trialeurodes vaporariorum (Homoptera: Aleyrodidae) in Colombia y Ecuador , Revista Colombiana de Entomología: Vol. 27 No. 1 (2001)
- ISAURA V. RODRÍGUEZ, CÉSAR CARDONA, Problems related to the incidence of whiteflies as pests of annual crops in the cauca Valley of Colombia , Revista Colombiana de Entomología: Vol. 27 No. 1 (2001)
- RANULFO GONZÁLEZ, CÉSAR CARDONA, BIOLOGY OF Cerotoma facialisl COMMON BEANE PEST, Phaseolus vulgaris L. , Revista Colombiana de Entomología: Vol. 5 No. 1-2 (1979)
- CONSTANZA QUINTERO, FRANCISCO RENDÓN, JAVIER GARCÍA, CÉSAR CARDONA, ARISTÓBULO LÓPEZ-AVILA, PILAR HERNÁNDEZ, Species and biotypes of whiteflies (Homoptera: Aleyrodidae) affecting annual crops in Colombia and Ecuador , Revista Colombiana de Entomología: Vol. 27 No. 1 (2001)
- JUAN MIGUEL BUENO, CÉSAR CARDONA, Biology and habits of Thrips palmi (Thysanoptera: Thripidae) as a pest of dry beans and snap beans , Revista Colombiana de Entomología: Vol. 27 No. 1 (2001)
- GUILLERMO SOTELO, CÉSAR CARDONA, A field methodology to evaluate Brachiaria spp. for resistance to the spittlebug, Aeneolamia varia (F.) (Homoptera: Cercopidae) , Revista Colombiana de Entomología: Vol. 27 No. 1 (2001)
- ISAURA RODRÍGUEZ, HÉCTOR MORALES, JUAN MIGUEL BUENO, CÉSAR CARDONA M., The B biotype of Bemisia tabaci (Homoptera: Aleyrodidae) becomes more important in the Cauca Valley , Revista Colombiana de Entomología: Vol. 31 No. 1 (2005)
- JUAN MIGUEL BUENO, CÉSAR CARDONA, PATRICIA CHACÓN, Phenology, spatial distribution and development of sampling methods for Trialeurodes vaporariorum (Westwood) (Hemiptera: Aleyrodidae) on snap beans and beans (Phaseolus vulgaris L.) , Revista Colombiana de Entomología: Vol. 31 No. 2 (2005)
- Juan Miguel Bueno, Guillermo Sotelo, Iván Zuluaga, Francisco Rendón, César Cardona Mejía , Revista Colombiana de Entomología: Vol. 39 No. 1 (2013)
- EDISON VALENCIA, CECILIA PLATA, CARLOS CORREDOR, CÉSAR CARDONA, ENZYMATIC RESISTANCE TO INSECTICIDES IN LARVAE OF Heliothis virescens (Lepidoptera: Noctuidae) , Revista Colombiana de Entomología: Vol. 19 No. 4 (1993)
Authors retain the copyright on their work and are responsible for the ideas expressed in them. Once a manuscript is approved for publication, authors are asked for a publication license for the term of legal protection, for all territories that allows the use, dissemination and disclosure of the same.