Main Article Content
In the context of the integrated vector management, chemical control continues to be an important strategy if it is used in rational and controlled ways. The objective of the present work was to determine the susceptibility of Aedes aegypti larvae to formulations used in the public health of Temephos and Triflumuron in three areas of Cali city. The populations analyzed were highly susceptible to both insecticides. Mortality ratios for Temephos ranged between 98.7 and 96.0%, displaying an apparent reversion of the resistance showed in 1996. Based on the results it is possible to suggest the alternate use of both products in the frame of an integrated management program but with a previous evaluation of the Triflumuron cost-benefit grounds.
- RANULFO GONZÁLEZ, CÉSAR CARDONA, BIOLOGY OF Cerotoma facialisl COMMON BEANE PEST, Phaseolus vulgaris L. , Revista Colombiana de Entomología: Vol. 5 No. 1-2 (1979)
- RANULFO GONZÁLEZ-OBANDO, FEDERICO GAMBOA, ORLANDO PERAFÁN, MARCO FIDEL SUÁREZ, JAMES MONTOYA-LERMA, Experience of an entomological analysis of the breeding sites of Aedes aegypti and Culex quinquefasciatus in Cali, Colombia , Revista Colombiana de Entomología: Vol. 33 No. 2 (2007)
- CARLOS ANDRÉS MORALES, RANULFO GONZÁLEZ, RAÚL ARAGÓN, Evaluation of larvicidal activity of polar and nonpolar extracts from acetogenins of Annona muricata on Aedes aegypti and Anopheles albimanus larvae (Díptera: Culicidae) , Revista Colombiana de Entomología: Vol. 30 No. 2 (2004)
- CARLOS ANDRÉS MORALES, MARCO FIDEL SUÁREZ, Evaluation of the effect and residuality of Bacillus thuringiensis formulated in pills, in the control of Aedes aegypti (Dip: Culicidae) in Cali, (Colombia) , Revista Colombiana de Entomología: Vol. 29 No. 1 (2003)
- PATRICIA CADENA, FERNANDO ÁNGEL, LUIS A. GÓMEZ, RANULFO GONZÁLEZ, Morphological and molecular differentiation of lacewing species (Neuroptera: Chrysopidae) , Revista Colombiana de Entomología: Vol. 33 No. 2 (2007)
Authors retain the copyright on their work and are responsible for the ideas expressed in them. Once a manuscript is approved for publication, authors are asked for a publication license for the term of legal protection, for all territories that allows the use, dissemination and disclosure of the same.