Evoluatlon of two varieties of Bacillus thuringiensis on the control of Diaphania spp. (Lepidoptera: Pyralidae) in melon
Main Article Content
An experiment was carried out at the Research Center "Nataima" of Corpoica to evaluate the effect of two varieties of Bacillus thuringiensis. kurstaki and crizawaii mi the control of borer of the fruit of melon hybrid "Excelsior". Three population levels were studied: (1.1, 0.5 and 0.9 larva/plant (LBP) or per terminal ( LBT), based un which the insecticides were applied. A chemical product based on monocrotophos was used to compare its effect with the bioinsecticides. The damage of the borer began eleven days alter emergency (DAE) and the first application \vas done 18 DAV: al 25 DAE. the insect presented larvae of all ínstars and prepupa. The results of the evaluation of small healthy fruit showed that chemical treatment appears as the host unit at 0.1 (LBP) ley él followed by the kurmarki tube at 0.5 (1SP) level. On his fruit. the result showed that chemical treatment was the use at a level oí 0,1 (LBP). The area under the curve which shows the cumulative population of Dhiphaniu during the evaluation process showed higher pressure of larvae for the control treatment compared with the products used. which demonstrates the lethal efficiency of the insecticides. The determination of larva ínstars and damage period initiation are 2 important variables to optimize the effectiveness of bioinsecticides which should be used within al integrated pest management tbelisSed to reduce pesticide applications. without eliminating them completely.
- MARIA NUBIA VASQUEZ, GUILLERMO SANCHEZ-G., BIOLOGY, HABITS AND GUESTS OF THE ROOT BUG Blissus leucopterus (SAY) (HEMIPTERA: LYGAEIDAE) , Revista Colombiana de Entomología: Vol. 17 No. 1 (1991)
- MYRIAM LUCY VARGAS, GUILLERMO SÁNCHEZ-G., NATURAL CONTROL OF SOME RICE PESTS IN IR-22 AND CICA-6 VARIETIES , Revista Colombiana de Entomología: Vol. 9 No. 1-2-3-4 (1983)
- GUILLERMO SÁNCHEZ-G., LÁZARO POSADA-O., CONTRIBUTION TO THE STUDY OF THE APHIDS (Homoptera: Aphididae) OF COLOMBIA , Revista Colombiana de Entomología: Vol. 2 No. 1 (1976)
- GILDARDO RODRÍGUEZ-C., J. ALONSO ALVAREZ-R., ELOÍNA MESA-F., ARIEL GÓMEZ-G., GUILLERMO SÁNCHEZ-G., NIVELES DE DAÑO ECONOMICO DE Antigastra catalaunalis (Duponchel) EN AJONJOLI , Revista Colombiana de Entomología: Vol. 13 No. 2 (1987)
- J.-ALONSO ALVAREZ-R., GUILLERMO SÁNCHEZ-G., VARIATION IN THE NUMBER OF INSTARS OF Spodoptera frugiperda (J. E. Smith) , Revista Colombiana de Entomología: Vol. 9 No. 1-2-3-4 (1983)
Authors retain the copyright on their work and are responsible for the ideas expressed in them. Once a manuscript is approved for publication, authors are asked for a publication license for the term of legal protection, for all territories that allows the use, dissemination and disclosure of the same.