Main Article Content
The results of Beauveria bassiana (Balsamo) Vuill. pathogenicity test on the coffee berry borer (CBB) through the application the spores in droplets are presented. Adults of CBB were exposed for one minute on coffee leaves treated with four droplets with coverage/cm2 (3, 9, 27, 81). In each droplet 3, 9, 27, and 81 spores, respectively were estimated to be delivered. The spores were formulated in two experimental oil-based formulations: Kerosene + Carrier (60:40) and Carrier + Water (50:50). The mortality was higher for K + C (85.5 ± 17.0%) followed by C + W (70 ± 25.8%) when the spores were sprayed using 81 spores/ droplet and a coverage of 81 droplets/cm2. The mortality tendency showed no direct relationship between the number of spores and the droplets. The mortality response was more variable with K + C than with C + W. The CL50 and CL80 were estimated in 15 and 75 spores/droplets when 81 droplets/ cm 2 were applied loaded with 3, 9, 27 and 81 spores/ droplets, on average. The data suggest that the formulation can affect the CBB behavior and therefore the picking up and encountering of spores from a treated surface. The lethal concentrations, 50 and 80 were calculated with the software Probit and were estimated at between 15 and 70 spores.
- ZULMA NANCY GIL-P., FRANCISCO J. POSADA-F., Rearing butterflies in captivity: an alternative to study the biodiversity in the Colombia coffee region , Revista Colombiana de Entomología: Vol. 28 No. 1 (2002)
- MARÍA TERESA GONZÁLEZ-G., FRANCISCO J. POSADA-F., ALEX E. BUSTILLO-P., BIOESSAY TO TEST THE PATHOGENICITY OF Beauveria bassiana (Bals.) Vuill. ON THE COFFEE BERRY BORER Hypothenemus hampei (Ferrari) , Revista Colombiana de Entomología: Vol. 19 No. 4 (1993)
- PATRICIA MARÍN-M., FRANCISCO J. POSADA-F., MARÍA TERESA GONZÁLEZ-G., ALEX E. BUSTILLO-P., Biological quality of Beauveria bassiana formulations used for control of the coffee berry borer , Revista Colombiana de Entomología: Vol. 26 No. 1 (2000)
- FRANCISCO J. POSADA-F., LIFE CYCLE, FOLIAR CONSUMPTION AND DAMAGE IN FRUITS OF MELON BY Diaphania hyalinata (L) (LEPIDOPTERA: PYRALIDAE) , Revista Colombiana de Entomología: Vol. 18 No. 1 (1992)
- ELSA JEANNETH PÉREZ - L., ALEX E. BUSTILLO-P., MARIA TERESA GONZÁLEZ-G., FRANCISCO J. POSADA-F., Comparison of two meridic diets for rearing the coffee berry borer Hypothenemus hampei (Ferrari) , Revista Colombiana de Entomología: Vol. 21 No. 4 (1995)
- FRANCISCO J. POSADA-F., ALFREDO SALDARRIAGA-V., BIOLOGY, HABITS AND LARVAL POLYMORPHISM OF Callopistria floridensis (Guenée) (LEPIDOPTERA: NOCTUIDAE), LARVA DE LOS FERNOS , Revista Colombiana de Entomología: Vol. 11 No. 2 (1985)
- FRANCISCO J. POSADA-F., ENRIQUE AARON-D., POPULATION FLUCTUATION AND BAIT ASSESSMENT FOR THE CAPTURE OF Rhynchophorus palmarum L. (COLEOPTERA: CURCULIONIDAE) IN AFRICAN PALM , Revista Colombiana de Entomología: Vol. 17 No. 2 (1991)
- ALEX E. BUSTILLO-P., FRANCISCO J. POSADA-F., PATHOGENICITY OF A Nomuraea rileyi STRAIN FROM BELLO ON LARVAE OF THE FALL ARMY- WORM, Spodoptera Frugiperda , Revista Colombiana de Entomología: Vol. 12 No. 1 (1986)
Authors retain the copyright on their work and are responsible for the ideas expressed in them. Once a manuscript is approved for publication, authors are asked for a publication license for the term of legal protection, for all territories that allows the use, dissemination and disclosure of the same.